Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management
An International Double Degree Programme in Collaboration with
Vatel Hotel and Tourism Business School, France
OPEN YOURSELF TO THE WORLD AND AIM FOR SUCCESS!
PREPARING THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN INTERNATIONAL HOTEL AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
is one of Thailand’s oldest and most prestigious universities. Originally established in 1923 as a school of fine arts by Corrado Ferroci (Prof. Silpa Bhirasri), the University has since grown into a fully fledged University with 4 different campuses and over 20,000 students. Silpakorn University International College was established at Silpakorn University in 2003 to give students the appropriate professional skills that are necessary to cope with the dynamic employment demands of modern society and thereby increasing students’ opportunities of success upon graduation.
Vatel Hotel & Tourism Business School
has over 35 years experience and present in 41 schools on four continents, with over 7,000 students and 33,000 alumni, making a unified and global network of higher education specialized in international hotel management. Today, Vatel Group is the 1st Worldwide Business School Group in Hospitality and Tourism Management and winner of the 2016 Worldwide Hospitality Awards for ‘Best Hospitality Management School’.
Students are able to take advantage of learning in an international environment, with a good standard of education whilst receiving two internationally accredited degrees.
A key factor for studying at Silpakorn University and Vatel Thailand is that the 4 year degree program offers students the opportunity to study or conduct internships in an international setting as part of their studies. Through this experience students’ will gain a greater understanding of cross cultural management issues within a global working context. The school provides professional learning environments for students with:
- Modernstate of the art classrooms and facilities.
- Dedicatedpractical training facilities (Vatel Restaurant and Café, demonstration kitchen, bar, reception)
- International internshipsin France and other international locations to build professional experience
- Opportunity to participate in theMarco Polo student exchange schemewith other Vatel schools around the world in the third year of study
INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRY DRIVEN CURRICULUM
Courses have the right balance between academic theory and professional practice. For the theoretical aspect, students study management techniques, administration, finance, marketing, and human resources. Students must also be able to check what they have learned through hands on, professional experience and this is where the professional training structures are present on campus for Kitchen, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping and Front Office training sessions. To validate this experience, students conduct a mandatory internship each year at one of our partner hotel chains throughout the world.
VATEL ALUMNI NETWORK AND CAREERS
This concept has a provable track record: our alumni work in the most beautiful hotels on earth including amongst others; General Manager, Hotel Manager, Marketing, Human Resources, Financial Management, Public Relations or Special Events Manager, Revenue Management, Front Office Manager, F&B Manager and even culinary positions.
Our alumni of SUIC and Vateliens make up a dynamic, strong and priceless network, both for students looking for an internship as well as for newly grads looking for their first jobs in a specific place in the world. Special alumni clubs have been created around the world including in Thailand, and on the web they have their own network to keep in touch or post relevant job information, putting them on a fast track to success from the very start of their careers.
The academic theory classes are held at Silpakorn University, Talingchan Bangkok campus, whilst the professional practical training is conducted at Vatel Thailand’s facilities in the centre of Bangkok in Bangrak.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Basic Computer Science||Principles of Marketing|
|Basic Accounting||Business Finance|
|Organisation and Management||Basic Economics|
|Hospitality Industry Environment||Food & Beverage Management|
|Language Courses||English for Hotel Business|
|Social Science and Humanities Course||Human Resources Management|
|Mathematics and Statistics||Cross Cultural Management|
|Professional Culture and Current Events||English for Hotel Business 2|
|Service Psychology||Social Science and Humanities course|
|Language Course||Language Course|
|Social Science and Humanities Courses||Professional Applications|
|Elective Course||Internship (400 hours)|
|Internship (400 hours)|
|Year 3||Year 4|
|Operations Management||Applied Research in Hospitality and Tourism|
|Hotel Business Marketing||English for Hospitality|
|IT for Hotel Management||Hotel Business Planning|
|English for Business Communication||Elective courses x 3|
|International Tourism Economy||Professional Internship (960 hours)|
|Practical Managerial Applications|
|Hotel Business Law|
|Managing Cost Control|
|English for Cross Culture Communication|
|International Internship (800 hours)|
- Study plan and courses are subject to change
New academic year starts every August and January. Please check for specific application periods at www.suic.org
- A high school education level or equivalent from an accredited school/institution, or educational system: GED, NZOA, GCSE,GCSE, GCE “A” or “AS” level and IB.
- English proficiency with a minimum TOEFL score of 500 PBT, 173 CBT or 61 IBT or IELTS score of 5.5 or SAT (reading and writing) score of 450 within 2 years before the application or pass SUIC’s English proficiency test. Applicants who are citizens from English speaking countries and use English as their primary language are exempt from the English language requirements.
- Motivational interview
- A completely filled-in and signed application form, which can be downloaded at www.suic.org.
- A copy of high school level education transcript and diploma.
- A copy of government identification document for both the applicant and the parent: Passport (for foreign nationalities) or Identification Card (for Thai nationality)
- A copy of House’s Registration for both the applicant and the parent (for Thai nationality)
- A copy of official English language test score (if any)
- Four photos 1″ x 1.5″ of facing-forward and no sunglasses
- Application fee of THB 500. The applicant who applies by postal mail shall attach all required documents and a copy of bank deposit slip or a copy of money order mentioning the applicant’s name with the application form. The application fee can be paid through one of the following:
– Paid by cash when applying in person
– Money transfer to Silpakorn University International College account
Account Name : Silpakorn University International College
Account Number : 012-1-26477-3
Bank Name : Kasikorn Bank
Branch : Bang Khun Non
Bank Address : 115/15 Bangkhunnon Road Bangkhunnon, Bangkok Noi, Bangkok, 10700, Thailand.
Swift Code : KASITHBK
Important! Do not forget to specify your full name on the transfer order.
ENGLISH AND INTERVIEW TESTS
Once the required documents have been evaluated and determined, students with the proper criteria will be invited to attend an interview and for those who do not obtain the required English language scores must take SUIC’s English Proficiency Test. (Please check for specific date at www.suic.org). If students are unable to attend the interview, then they need to inform SUIC in writing and request a long distance entrance interview. The interview may be conducted orally on webcam via SKYPE Video calling. The list of qualified students will be announced on SUIC’s website within 1 to 2 weeks after interviews.
OBTAINING A VISA TO STUDY IN THAILAND (FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)
Once all the documents have been approved by the Ministry of Education and a student has been accepted onto the programme, SUIC will send a letter of acceptance and an official note certifying the purpose of travel in Thai and translated copy in English to the applicant. The student then has to submit both the acceptance letter and all certified documents to the Royal Thai Embassy in their relevant country to ask for a NON-IMMIGRANT STUDENT VISA
Remark: International students need to renew their visa after the first 90 days and report to the Immigration Bureau every 90 days.
REGISTRATION OF COURSES
Students will then be invited to register for the programme with Silpakorn University and pay the first semester’s tuition fees. SUIC staff will help guide you through this process.
90,000 baht per semester for Thai nationals and international students
Please note additional university fees apply, please check with admissions for further details