BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN EVENT AND LEISURE MARKETING
An International Double Degree Programme in Collaboration with Rennes School of Business, France
Silpakorn University International College (SUIC)
“A Pillar of SU’s Internationalization”
Silpakorn University (SU) was established in 1943 and is considered one of Thailand’s top public universities with over 20,000 students spread across 4 different campuses. Silpakorn offers degree programmes at both graduate and undergraduate levels in all major fields of study including: art and design, science, technology, health science, social science, management and music.
In 2003, Silpakorn University International College (SUIC) was founded in order to provide high quality English-driven undergraduate and graduate programmes. Currently SUIC specialises in providing double degree programmes in ‘Services’, ‘Business’ and ‘Art and Design’.
VDO introduction of BBA in Event and Leisure Marketing
Rennes School of Business
Rennes School of Business is part of the “Grande Ecole” network in France. The “Grandes Ecoles” are ranked as top management schools and their alumni are highly valued by companies. Rennes School of Business was founded through the support of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Rennes. The mission is to educate present and future managers to lead international companies. The School offers English-taught programmes in Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree levels. Rennes School of Business is located in Rennes, the capital city of Brittany, 2 hours from Paris by TGV fast train.
Rennes School of Business is highly recognised by various organisations. The School is accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of Masters of Business Administration (AMBA) and the European Foundation of Management Development (EFMD), EPAS LABEL, for the Master Grande Ecole Programme
Double Degree Awards (3+1 Programme)
Students are need to take final year at Rennes School of Business, however students must pass all entry requirements to study there. Once the graduation requirements of both institutions are met, students will be awarded the degrees from both Silpakorn University and Rennes School of Business.
- Obtain score of IELTS at least 6.5 or TOEFL IBT at least 80 or TOEIC at least 750 OR Obtain score of IELTS 6.0 and additional enrollment in the RSB English preparation module with supplementary tuition fees
- Register and pass every course in year 1 – 3 of the Bachelor of Business Administration Programme in Event and Leisure Marketing,
- Able to pay all expenses during the study at Rennes School of Business e.g., tuition, fees, transportation, accommodation, food, and other expenses.
• Student health insurance and Complementary health insurance 307 Euros/year
• Civil responsibility 40 Euros/year
• Residence permit (for students with long-stay visa)
55 Euros/year2. Monthly expense
• Room 300 Euros/month on average
• Food 200 Euros/month on average
• Monthly bus pass 27-36 Euros/month
Estimated total expense 7,300 Euros/year (Not including personal expenses which can vary)
• In the 1st year, students take general education courses, marketing principles as well as an introduction to aspects of events and leisure.
• During the 2nd year, students develop further solid knowledge of business administration and management in events and leisure which help prepare students for their 3rd year internship. Once students complete the internship in the first semester of Year 3, students will take advanced management courses, which are an integration of academic courses and specialised areas of marketing. In the final year, students will take professional elective courses at Rennes School of Business. These elective courses will strengthen each student both in academic and practical work of event and leisure marketing.
Students are advised to take French Language courses during their 2nd year (language modules) and 3rd year (free elective modules) to attend the final year at Rennes School of Business
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
SUIC realised the need to produce marketing graduates in response to both national and international market developments. The B.B.A. in Event and Leisure Marketing has been created to produce students that can develop their knowledge, analytical thinking, creative skills, with an emphasis on implementing and presenting marketing communications effectively in order to compete and work at national and international levels. In addition, SUIC has created a network with public and private sectors to analyse trends and needs of various businesses and there by developing industry-driven course content. Students will gain knowledge and experiences from full-time instructors, guest lecturers and practicum work. Field trips and short-course training abroad are offered to students who are willing to participate and meet the extra expense.
From the third academic year onward, every student is required to have an internship in a real business organisation with no limitation on type or sector of businesses under the supervision and inspection of lecturers for at least 450 hours consecutively.
STANDARD LEARNING OUTCOMES OF FIELD EXPERIENCE:
- Students will be able to apply the theoretical knowledge to the profession and be able to analyse or do research for efficient work,
- Students will learn to work with responsibility, professional ethics, integrity, leadership and creativity,
- Students will be able to solve immediate problems and also create innovation to reduce work problems and increase work potential,
- Students will be able to communicate with clients and be able to use appropriate technology for work.
- Marketer, organiser, advertiser, public relation officer, special event officer, or salesperson.
- Entrepreneur in marketing fields supporting both business and service industry.
- Expert in marketing department of corporate or firm operating business of event and leisure marketing performances.
- Expert in marketing department of governmental institution for the marketing communication and activities development.
- Researcher or marketing developer in innovative communication and marketing activities.
New academic year starts every August. Please check for specific application periods at www.suic.orgADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- A high school education level or equivalent from an accredited school/institution, or educational system: GED, NZOA, GCSE,GCSE, GCE “A” or “AS” level and IB.
- English proficiency with a minimum TOEFL score of 500 PBT, 173 CBT or 61 IBT or IELTS score of 5.5 or SAT (reading and writing) score of 450 within 2 years before the application or pass SUIC English proficiency test. Applicants who are citizens from English speaking countries and use English as their primary language are exempt from the English language requirements.
- Motivational interview
- A completely filled-in and signed application form, which can be downloaded at www.suic.org.
- A copy of high school level education transcript and diploma.
- A copy of government identification document for both the applicant and the parent: Passport (for foreign nationalities) or Identification Card (for Thai nationality)
- A copy of House’s Registration for both the applicant and the parent (for Thai nationality)
- A copy of official English language test score (if any)
- Four photos 1″ x 1.5″ of facing-forward and no sunglasses
- Application fee of THB 500. The applicant who applies by postal mail shall attach all required documents and a copy of bank deposit slip or a copy of money order mentioning the applicant’s name with the application form. The application fee can be paid through one of the following:
– Paid by cash when applying in person
– Money transfer to Silpakorn University International College account
Account Number :
Bank Name :
Bank Address :
Swift Code :Important! Do not forget to specify your full name on the transfer order.
Once the required documents have been evaluated and determined, students with the proper criteria will be invited to attend an interview and for those who do not obtain the required English language scores must take SUIC’s English Proficiency Test. (Please check for specific date at www.suic.org). If students are unable to attend the interview, then they need to inform SUIC in writing and request a long distance entrance interview. The interview may be conducted orally on webcam via SKYPE Video calling. The list of qualified students will be announced on SUIC’s website within 1 to 2 weeks after interviews.OBTAINING A VISA TO STUDY IN THAILAND (FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS)
Once all the documents have been approved by the Ministry of Education and a student has been accepted onto the programme, SUIC will send a letter of acceptance and an official note certifying the purpose of travel in Thai and translated copy in English to the applicant. The student then has to submit both the acceptance letter and all certified documents to the Royal Thai Embassy in their relevant country to ask for a NON-IMMIGRANT STUDENT VISA
Remark: International students need to renew their visa after the first 90 days and report to the Immigration Bureau every 90 days. REGISTRATION OF COURSES
Students will then be invited to register for the programme with Silpakorn University and pay the first semester’s tuition fees. SUIC staff will help guide you through this process.ACADEMIC EXPENSES (IN THAI BAHT)
DOUBLE DEGREE IN COLLABORATION WITH RENNES SCHOOL OF BUSINESS