Background of the Competition
SUIC’S LUXURY TALENT AWARDS is a competition organized by Silpakorn University International College (SUIC), a leading public university in Thailand. The aim of the competition is to provide students with professional experience and an opportunity to create innovate ideas within the luxury industry. Also, it aims to enhance students’ creativity and curiosity regarding luxury products.
Steps of the Competition
The Competition process consists of 2 main stages:
Step 1: Infographic
Step 2: Finals presentation in Bangkok
Phase End Date
Infographic December 31th, 2019
Result Announcement* January 10th, 2020
Finals presentation in Bangkok TBA (end of January / Beginning of February)
Phase 1: Infographic
Participants must present a reason why Thailand should be considered as a Luxury destination in an A3 sized poster. The presentation must be submitted as a PDF or JPG. No other elements (music, videos, animations) should be included in the presentation.
The infographic should include which sectors of luxury are represented in Thailand, how these sectors are represented and why it can be considered as being luxury. It is also possible to include statistics to support the ideas presented.
Phase 2: Finals in Bangkok
The 10 finalists will be invited to join the Finals held in Bangkok. The exact date will be announced afterwards. The Teams will be invited to pitch their main product/service idea through a ten (10) slide presentation (maximum). Each Team has to present their idea in a five (5) minute presentation (maximum). Afterwards, there will be a Q&A session from the jury.
At each step, the projects will be evaluated out of 100, based on the following criteria:
Originality of the content 20%
Data accuracy 20%
Creativity and visual appeal 20%
Data significance 30%
30 000 bahts
15 000 bahts
9 000 bahts
- Participants must be High school students. Grade 11 or 12 or Yr 13 (or equivalent)
- Participants must form a team consisting of up to 3 members.
- All entries must be in English. Participants are not allowed to resubmit their work which has previously been sent or presented to another competition or anywhere else.
- Participants must submit their entries, along with an application form signed by all participants and the representative of their school with its official seal.
- Only work duly received by the closing date will be eligible for judging.
6. Participants must submit their work via email@example.com only.